Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Art makes your soul grow

The other day I saw a facebook share, a response letter of Kurt Vonnegut (see it here) to high School students - I found his words very  inspiring. It reminded me  of a quote I read by E.J. Gold, and this is probably paraphrased a little: "The purpose of a human being anywhere at any time is to grow a soul".

I don't consider myself an "artist" - and when you are surrounded by many good ones - even less so. However, there is something about doing art (and music) that seems to be invaluable to the Self...and I always feel it was a good thing to have done it when I take the time.

So keep coming back to it, as this coming Easter Friday, 2 days from now from 10 am to 12 noon.:

There is a free art class - "Pencil Magic"  on gorebaggtv - bring your children and family and friends - Easter Friday, April 18, 10 am PST till noon.

Where? here - >>>> gorebaggtv http://www.justin.tv/gorebaggtv
All the materials you need you probably already have in the house:
  • some pieces of paper, 
  • a soft pencil 
  • and a pencil sharpener.
A number 9B pencil is best - and there is still time to get one ...or several :) it saves on the sharpening interruptions.

Looking forward to doing some Art again with you - to becoming a little more - to grow our soul.

This class draws on the material presented in the DRAW GOOD NOW series.

Here is a fun video of student works the first time - House and Tree. (we won't be doing THAT one on Friday)

1 comment: