Sunday, October 10, 2010

Uniqueness

There is lot's of talk about your Unique Self in certain spiritual circles - and it makes a lot of sense.

What is your unique self and gift?

I see these wonderful images of very attractive, gorgeous, sexy, beautiful women, some of whom I personally know - and I know they do deep work,  real work, real spiritual work.

And I wonder then - wow - but what if I'm not like that or even meant to live that?  What if I am in fact essentially more plain - hm... What does connecting with the "feminine power" means for this life here, this one who is living as me? What if my contribution is modest - or not meant to be seen - or not really worthy to be seen. What does the  bodhisattva vow mean for me? How does living in this couldron of group help the absolute, the greater being - when tolerating the manifestations of others, non stop and relentless in your face is the task at hand to do before any other work is even possible?. And then - it doesn't stop there, the tolerating of it - but the embracing of it, the lived compassion. How does one do self care and avoid self denial in the face of: the other IS your self - and when in fact the spiritual evolutionary crest of the wave seems to promote  to be all about living YOUR unique self...how easily does this slip into the ME ME ME syndrome?
Explain that in simple words for this world of maya - the pixels of matter. In this never-ending beingness, where only momentary relief seems possible, you got to laugh at least once a day :) and ride the waves as they come....

Ah, sweet paradoxes.

In the end, I keep coming back to this: you do the best you can - and that's the best you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment