Monday, July 2, 2012

A special Canon Rebel XT

Remember my last post - the one where I talk about my Canon Rebel?  So here is a little follow up story some might consider worth hearing. At the time I wrote that blog, I also shared it on facebook and had resolved to get a new camera from the cannon loyalty program - but then, then next day, a message on my desk  said: Call KD ASAP. And so a few coincidences, generosity and a feeling big heart had it that this special Canon EOS Rebel XT came my way to do its service at a school - just like that - to continue the job I am doing. It was quite miraculous - I was kinda a little speechless - and some points got put into the: "You can trust the universe" - bank. It was a special thing happening there, something that just does not happen every day like that. Thank you all involved.
I have had the Rebel XT for 10 days now, including a zoom lens (imagine that) - and have tried a few things with it. It must also be  an early model as I can even use my other camera's 2 GB card, nice - and  - I am still waiting for the supershot of the chickens :), not that I have not taken some nice pictures, but somehow they just don't look as cool as the shots Kathleen takes :)

Here is one of the images I took this morning - made into the Chicks & Weeds fb cover.


THANK YOU everyone and the Universe....and - I Love those chickens - but that is another story :)

In case you want to see a few more chicken pics, You'll find them in the Chicks and Weeds albums on facebook..

Here is a link to some very cool images by from a recent workshop by Katheen Dreier Esens Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment