Friday, June 13, 2014

About the art class

Today is Friday and we met again on gorebaggtv (Friday 10:30 - 11:30) for the current art class: pencil magic, based on the series "Draw Good Now" by E.J. Gold.

It was delightful, albeit a little challenging, to have little Kaira (or not so little any more?) attend from Spain today - and I really hope it was fun for her.

In my mind  there have been images and ideas floating around -  about painting - evolving out of the shading. Some of those creations are huge, some with colors, some tell stories - may they be seen some day.

In the meantime, it was back to basics today - and I am reminded of one of the things E.J. Gold has been doing over and over and over: start over with "noobs" - meaning new folks showing up at art class or for zen flute classes, or for guitar classes. I have seen total beginners taking those basics lessons into their life and being, starting to make music, write ...do art. Some may need a longer germination time - that would be me - but I can't help admiring to be willing to start over and over and over when someone new shows up, or just as a matter of repetition - for the benefit of all beings everywhere.

Just like E.J. Gold says when you get to be a level 99 in Diablo 2: ...  what is there to do - you help others, you start over.

I can't quite imagine the patience, the divine indifference - in the face of: the so so slow pace of waking up, the inertia, the apathy, the unconsciousness .....  of large sections of humanity - or the beings lost in bodies.

Things can't be forced - one is ready when the time comes.

I had the good fortune to attend some of the art classes with E.J. Gold a few years back, very eye opening. Later I even worked on making the DVDs - and  - when asked to give an art class online for the "online" folks during workshops - I knew it was time to give back, pass something on. In fact, anything given by a teacher of any kind seems to carry with it the obligation to - pass it on. At least it registers like that inside me.

It is helpful to make/have/find things available that can aid in the awakening process, to put out the tools for awakening, pass something on, offer it the best you can - and be delighted with someone makes use of them.

Some folks are by nature social butterflies - and - it can help - as well as obscure or even hinder the self initiatory aspect of steps into awakening practice and processes. For someone like me, that too becomes practice, this being "social" at all - to step out even though it is NOT my inclination to do so. I don't offer much in human social relationship benefits :). The process of doing art needs to be what is the draw, the attraction. The desire to grow your soul doing art, the relationship of yourself to your SELF is the force that brings you to the pencil and paper, the discovery of the magic or 3d illusion creations,   the relationship of the outer and the inner, the creative process from the source ...and the path it takes - is what becomes the driving force to show it.  I don't offer polished or tantalizing anything - though I sure have known the life-changing power of online working and beingness with another, without even using any words.

 At this time, the process and practice of doing art, in this case simple shading drawing - is the tool for awakening, a journey into depth and presence. At this point I trust enough to know: it WILL awaken a part of the BEING  more - and  I am not going to be done as there is layer upon layer of awakening and then - working. In terms of doing art - I cannot draw on the powerful drive and love I have in this lifetime for the working with mama earth and her creatures. - for me, doing art is -  more like an essence task ... something to develop...because I have heard: of growing your soul, and of doing art being a means to do so.

Thank you so much for participating. When you are making something available yourself - you can  truly understand how precious that is.

Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment