Saturday, June 28, 2014

Gifts of time and offerings

Just a few considerations to share today - a little hodge-podge of stuff

Offerings and participation. Lily came up from the home she lives at to have lunch with us yesterday and to show her teacher a painting. In that context, he asked: how are the art classes going, and the answer was: I am not doing it any more, I only had 2 people showing up - and one of those got Parkinson's now. His response: so what, I only have 2 people showing up at my classes - and I told her the same thing. ..in fact, 2 would be great.

Vineyard paintings by E.J. Gold

And it is true - it kinda feels like - wow, isn't my time more precious than that? Coming up from another project in progress,  that will get not done that day, to do the last art class  - I still felt - it is the right thing to do. But what about feedback, what about participation to make one feel to be on the right track. Or is it the road less traveled by - regardless of others?

Recently someone shared some things about offering something in Second Life in the Prosperity Ashram, a really good piece of work - but only 1 or 2 folks were really interested and showing up. I was thinking - wow great, and even if no one shows up, simply do a reading - to all beings everywhere and nearby. Even that would not be wasted time. I'd be happy  doing the art class with even 1 person participating and with some feedback. But is an offering - and yes, I understand how it feels.

Attending and being attended to go hand in hand - FB page likes, being liked and participation in a page go hand in hand. But basically, time and interest is precious and there seems to only be so much to go around.  I have seriously contemplated getting off facebook altogether. But then, there'd be no way at all  -  to share and like stuff, like that the art classes on gorebaggtv.  - and visions are big ...:).

Same goes for the photos of idhhb - it takes  time to get them ready to share - and hardly anyone looks at them and if they do - I don't know about it. Everyone wants to be seen and recognized, be connected, feel connected, be useful ....I know I can't keep up with everyone's stuff. Also, the way facebook works ...like and comment posts in a mutual way is what keeps them in the news feed the best.

On scheduling events - There is so much stuff from varying sources - some  events will end up being scheduled during other events - and maybe - the folks who attend either -  would not actually attend both ... and chose the time that works for THEM. I never asked certain classes taking place during safari times for example - but that is how it is.

Taking refuge - A bardo dream - drawing by CWolters
I do the art class because it is the right thing to do at this time, regardless. It is happening at a time - the only time, that I got - not my preferred time, but the only time that worked for others and was not interfering with any other event. I call it an attempt by the universe at something - even though I do not know what exactly.

Maybe - Maybe when vibrationally something gets aligned, the pencil magic shading art class on www.justin.tv/gorebaggtv will take off. Maybe it is something internal that still needs to  shift inside me, maybe it is a matter of practice and persistence and believing in the vision and paying the dues that this unit, me, needs to learn - maybe it simply is: doing what seems to be the right thing to do today, this week, at this time period - just because - no strings attached - just an invitation to participate, just because, or to grow a soul a little more.

Long overdue - A little bit about gifts
Sometimes I do someone a favor, like clean up the kitchen for them - just because I could, I had the time and energy and it felt right - and truly without expecting anything in return - and in fact, if I get "paid back" just to get "paid back", it takes away from the gift, it makes it a transaction. I don't want anything in return - because it came from the heart and if you think you can pay for that - you can't. Equally, if someone gives me something but expects a payment, even somewhere down the line - then don't give it. I am very grateful - thank you so much, but don't hold it out that now I owe you something - that is not how giving works. It really does not. A gift is a gift. If you are selling something, please - it would be better to know upfront about it, really. And regarding the bit of time I gave, the offering I made - if you end up paying for it at some other time because you think you have to, because you feel you owe - it is ruined as a gift...in fact, you did not accept the gift.

There is something about freedom in giving - freedom and radiance - without expectation - just because  it is the right thing to do at the time, just because your heart talks and you do it  - and if it is not - then maybe don't do it, or make a deal - but at the very least - no one ought to be expected to pay for a gift.

Participation can be a real gift...precious and priceless. Those who offer events - they do know this.

Namaste, Love and Lots of Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment