Monday, August 16, 2010

Perfect moment - nowhere to go, nothing to do

The other day I was participating in the Martial Energetics class, a weekly class Thursday afternoon on gorebaggtv. It was really nice with the simple warm-up exercises which were easy to follow. Yet, about 1/2 way through the class, I got tired and wanted to sit down, but did not and continued as a gesture of respect and service for the class and the instructor.
Towards the end we did the short Tai Chi form - which I so far had only watched  and never done, although once I tried it....too confusing. That day, for the first time, I participated and WOAH....not only could I follow it, it made sense. I could do it and it flowed kinda nice. Needless to say I was very surprised.

We then did an exercise sitting on a chair and it was suggested, after being shown a good way to sit, to visualize a place we'd like to be to relax, such as at the ocean, in a forest, someplace we'd like to be.

Normally I am extremely visual, that time not much would appear. Even as some images of places showed themselves, which I had to make myself come up with, they would not stick and what's more: there was a sense and feeling that there was no place else I'd rather be. I settled into that feeling. In that moment, sitting on that chair in the barn - there was no place I would rather be, nothing else I would rather do. It was one of those: "nowhere to go and nothing to do" moments.

It was quite remarkable to sense and it is  a perfection of a certain kind. Stillness, contentment, breathing - difficult to explain. Very cool - just being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment