Sunday, August 8, 2010

We all have our place to be and do our work - gracias

Outpost - It felt medieval alright. If I had any kind of romantic ideas or sentimental feelings about a medieval fair in Spain, it got replaced today by a sense of gratitude  to those who go to an event that, judging by the impression of the photos I saw, looked and felt "medieval".  To "boldly go" to display things like: The American Book of the Dead and Practical Work on Self, Brane-Power amulets and the Beacon - it totally reminded me of one of those outposts in the game WOW (World of Warcraft). Those of you who played the game will know what I mean.
I like Spain, feel quite connected to Europe in general, being  from there and I am convinced there are other sides and levels, in fact, this fair couldda been anywhere, but this evening an aspect presented itself in a felt sense I could not ignore: those images showed a place and space in a game,  - sort of unreal, spaces  as if in a video game... - and their stand reminds me of an "outpost" you see in  WOW - only it is our 3d urth game.
And I realized once again: we all have our place of work.
Gracias to everyone doing the work out there  that you do....glad there are outposts.
All photos by Eric Feingold.



    The Outpost

No comments:

Post a Comment