Friday, June 25, 2010

Why I love grasses

Difficult as my little garden project may be in terms creating a healthy self sustaining area with a variety of plants that include flowers for color and pure beauty, plants for food and herbs for healing - I love grasses. I simply am incapable of pulling them all out, even as they need to be contained to give space to other beings. They are soooooooo beautiful....each one of them. It's the way they move and grow, come to bloom, look, come to seed. They are ancestors and relatives of wheat, oat, rye and other such plants used for food for thousands of years.  I love grasses, I can watch them and watch them and watch them some more -  it's simply pure beauty. My snappers can't really do them justice.



But then, I love all the other plants too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment